As a mediator I remain neutral. I will help you move forward in addressing all issues fully and assist you in getting the information you need to make these decisions. I can't give legal advice to you or your spouse, but as an attorney mediator I can draft all your legal papers and your agreement for submission to court and attend court with you. You can use an independent, mediation trained attorney as an advisor between sessions.
"Does divorce mediation really work?" Yes. We know from years of research that when you compare couples who have mediated their divorce with couples who go through a litigated divorce, mediating couples are more likely to be satisfied with the process and the results and are far less likely to go back to court for post-divorce issues. Mediation allows the two of you to get through your divorce or other problems with less conflict than you would experience in an adversarial divorce.
What are the benefits of Mediation?
- It keeps you and your spouse in control of your own divorce
- It generally takes less time and costs less
- It reduces conflict and allows you to move on with your life
- It is private and confidential, allowing you to negotiate without fear
- It is creative, allowing you to address matters most important to you
To get started, contact Louise Zito at 203-281-1717 for an appointment for you and your spouse to learn more about mediation.