Advocacy without Adversity
Collaborative Divorce is a fast growing discipline for addressing family law issues in a non-adversarial manner. This method is particularly beneficial to families with children. The spouses/parents are committed to reaching solutions that will enable them to uncouple and form new family units without the fear of revenge tactics. Special attention is paid to the emotional aspects of dissolution. The parties reach solutions that they have created, rather than having decisions forced upon them. In the Interdisciplinary approach, Attorney Zito works with other professionals who, as a team, help guide family members to resolve legal, financial, and emotional issues.
The Collaborative Divorce Team is made up of the two participants, an attorney for each, a neutral mental health professional, a neutral mental health specialist for the children (if needed), and a neutral financial specialist.
What are the benefits of collaborative divorce?
- Highly qualified professionals to assist them in addressing legal, financial, and emotional needs
- Determining what is most important to the people involved in the process
- Focus on creating solutions rather than creating more problems
- Emotional issues are acknowledged and addressed so that clear-headed decisions can be made
- Spouses control the outcome, not judges and the legal system
- Children have a voice in the process, their needs are foremost in the process
- Children are shielded from parental conflict
- Children's concerns are relayed to parents by a neutral professional
- More efficient use of time
- Less expensive than litigation
- No post-judgment return to court
While the attorneys represent their clients only, the other members of the team are neutral, assisting both spouses. All members of the team support the spouses in getting their interests met. At the beginning and throughout the process, the team is helping to discern what is most important to each Spouse. Rather than an attorney working to “get all that she/he can” the attorney is helping you reach your goals and achieve your most important objectives, she is working to get you what is most important to you, without sacrificing the needs of the other spouse.
Here at the Center we can provide collaboratively trained and experienced Attorneys, Financial Specialists, Parenting and Family Specialists to meet the needs of your divorce and your family.
Other concerns and conflicts can be addressed collaboratively. Parenting and custody outside of marriage, disputes over paying for education and other costs of the children, Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements, Post Judgment matters and other family concerns, such as care of a parent or other dependent, blended family matters and probate matters.
Contact Attorney Zito at 203-281-1717 to arrange a consultation to learn more.