- Michael received his undergraduate degrees in Political Science and History from the University of Connecticut in 2008
- He received his Juris Doctorate from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2011
- He was admitted to the Connecticut State Bar in 2011 and the Federal Bar for the District of Connecticut in 2014.
- Michael’s practice is focused on civil litigation, specializing in complex insurance coverage litigation, commercial litigation and personal injury litigation.
- He has significant experience practicing in both State and Federal courts throughout Connecticut. He has also been involved in representing individuals in proceedings before the State of Connecticut Insurance Commissioner’s Office.
- He has lectured at meetings of the Connecticut Association of Public Insurance Adjusters and has presented before the CBA insurance section at its annual legislative review.
- Notably, in Michael’s first trial, Housatonic Wire Co. v. Jerry Grozik, et al, he represented a plaintiff property owner whose historic mill building had been destroyed by a fire caused by scrap dealers working in the building. The defendants disputed liability. The plaintiff prevailed, and the verdict was in excess of one million dollars.
- Recently, Michael represented a homeowner, in Carlson v. Carlson, who was the victim of arson and who did not have enough insurance to rebuild his home and replace all of his possessions. Michael sued the arsonist, was successful, and received judgment in his client’s favor in excess of $500,000.00.
- Michael has been involved in litigation, and authored or co-authored pleadings and motions, leading to several notable decisions, including:
- Williams v. Safeco Ins. Co. of Am., No. FSTCV126016414S, 2015 WL 7421784 (Conn. Super. Ct. Oct. 28, 2015);
- Mercedes Zee Corp., LLC v. Seneca Ins. Co., 151 F. Supp. 3d 255 (D. Conn. 2015);
- Corner House Condo. Ass'n v. State Farm Fire & Cas. Co., No. 3:16-CV-01515 (JAM), 2016 WL 7493955 (D. Conn. Dec. 30, 2016); and
- Thurston Foods, Inc. v. Wausau Bus. Ins. Co., No. 3:15CV14 (WWE), 2017 WL 4765646 (D. Conn. Dec. 30, 2016).
- Michael was named as a Rising Star in the field of Insurance Litigation by Super Lawyers magazine in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Admitted: 2011, Connecticut State Bar; 2014, US District Court, District of Connecticut
Law School: Quinnipiac School of Law, J.D., 2011
College: University of Connecticut, B.A., Political Science/History, 2008
Member: Connecticut Bar Association, litigation, insurance and young lawyers committees; Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.